Wednesday, June 27, 2007

More From Guatemala

Today is the 6th day of our trip. Yesterday was a fun day. We started with a tour of an organization called Vinya. Part of what they do is to create audio versions of the bible in a variety of languages so that people in surrounding areas can hear the Word of God in their language or dialect. They also make videos for kids using finger puppets. Here is a picture of the recording studio. God has blessed them with a state-of-the-art facility.
Yesterday afternoon we visited a Compassion International host site at the same church where we worshipped on Sunday. Our team gave a presentation including the mime team's version of "I Can Only Imagine." There was not a dry eye among us when the children joined in and did the movements along with the team.

Then, we handed out brand new backpacks and candy to the kids. They were so excited and thankful.




Today, half of our team watched the children from the home while the other half worked hard giving the home a thorough spring cleaning. I was on the babysitting crew so I got to love babies all day long. Here are some of their sweet faces.





Yesterday, as I was taking in all of the sights from our van window, I thought about what a gift from God this trip has been . He must really love me to have provided me with this opportunity.
Stay tuned...more to come (with pictures!)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I have three extremely cute kids-Andrew is 14, Carley is 12 and Laura is 9. My husband, Alton, is a delivery driver by day with dreams of one day publishing his own comic book. Yes, he is a geek, but I love him anyway. I have been working at WBFJ since September 2004 when God threw me out of the boat I was riding in and set me on a new and wonderful course. I love co-hosting the morning show, although the lack of sleep does make me a bit loopy at times.